We know that donating a vehicle for the first time may be a little nerve-racking. That is why we provide you with a list of FAQ’s and answers to ease your concerns. Of course, if you need additional assistance or have questions our knowledgeable staff is always available by email or phone to assist you.
Vehicle Donation FAQ:
- What can I donate?
- Is my automobile donation tax deductible?
- Can I donate a vehicle that has not run in years?
- Is there any cost to me when I donate a car to your charity?
- How will my car be picked up?
- What documents do I need to make an automobile donation?
- Do you pick up my car from any location?
- Can the vehicle donation paperwork be faxed to speed it up?
- How long does the vehicle donation process take?
- I have paid off my car but I have a lien listed on the title. Can I still donate the car?
- How much of the money goes to charity?
- How will the value of my car donation be determined?
We accept cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and motor homes. We also pick up power lawn mowers, and wheelchairs. Cars, trucks and motorcycles do not need to be in running order.
Yes, your vehicle donation is tax deductible. We will provide all necessary documentation as required by federal laws.
Yes, your car, truck or motorcycle, or boat need not be in running condition.
No! in almost all cases we provide free towing and handle all of the details so you’re experience is as pleasant and hassle-free as possible.
Your vehicle will be towed away by our vehicle donation service at your convenience. Our towing company will contact you to authorize the pick up.
We prefer that you have the title; however, it is not always necessary.
We accept car donations nationwide. We can pick up your vehicle from any location with the exception of Mississippi. Our apprentices will arrange the pick up so you don't need to worry about anything.
Yes, faxing the paperwork can speed up the car donation process, but it is not always necessary. You can simply fill out our simple and convenient Vehicle Donation Form online or call us at 855 Cars4Jobs to donate your vehicle. .
Five minutes by fax or phone. The automobile donation process is extremely simple so you don’t need to worry about dealing with extra stress or hassle.
Yes. In most cases, we can obtain a lien release for you from the lien holder.
100% of the proceeds go to Center for Living and Learning , a non-profit transition to work program for individuals with barriers to employment.
Per strict IRS guidelines, if your car is valued at more than $500, the deduction is limited to the gross proceeds from the sale.
We hope we have answered your questions and mitigated any concerns you may have regarding donating a vehicle. Please don’t hesitate to call if you have any additional questions.